Thanks to Lynn Sheridan of The Otaku Author for nominating me for the Real Neat Blogger Award! Lynn has some fun and insightful anime reviews on his blog and I really like how he structures them. I recommend you check out his recent review of the first season of Lord Marksman and Vanadis.
Here are the Rules:
• Display the logo.
• Thank the blogger for the award.
• Answer the questions from the one who nominated you.
• Nominate 7 to 10 bloggers.
• Ask them 7 questions.
And here are my answers to Lynn’s questions:
1. You will need three anime roommates. Who are they?
My immediate thought when considering who I’d want as a roommate was “Which anime characters are good at cooking?” Makoto Kino, a.k.a. Sailor Jupiter from Sailor Moon, immediately sprang to mind. She enjoys cooking and doing house work and she’s super bad ass! And if Sailor Jupiter is my roommate then I think it would be fun to have Sailor Venus and Sailor Mercury as the other two. Minako is upbeat and fun and Ami is nice and reliable. I think it would be a blast to hang out with them and be their friend. I mean, I might have to deal with being the victim of a few evil villain plots as a result, but I’m sure the Sailor Guardians would manage to rescue me.
2. You can have one anime pet. What is it?
Kirara from Inu Yasha! I think tiny Kirara is the cutest thing ever. And when she turns big I could ride on her!
3. You can have an anime vehicle to get around with. Which one?
Honestly, I’m not that into vehicles and I don’t really like driving so I’m going to pick Tadano’s limo from the Aggretsuko anime, because his A.I. program would drive it for me.
4. You will receive an anime robot to help around the house. Who is it?
One of the persocoms from Chobits. Not Chi though, because she wouldn’t actually be very good at helping around the house. Just one of the generic ones you see in the background.
5. You will receive a new wardrobe. Which anime character will you dress like?
I think I’ll go for Amelia’s outfit from Slayers. It looks cute and I think it would be comfortable. Plus I love her green boots!
6. For protection, you can select any anime weapon or ability. Which one?
The ability to detect/find Dragon Balls. The reasons will be apparent in my next answer.
7. You can have your house/apartment in any anime world. Which one?
I took my time thinking about this one and ultimately decided on the world of Dragon Ball. This might seem like a weird choice, since someone inevitably kills a bunch of people and comes close to blowing up the world on an annual basis in this world. But there are a couple of things that would make it all worth it. Reason one: The people of this universe know for a fact that there is an afterlife. I feel like this would alleviate a lot of stress. Reason two: There are magic wish orbs that can grant any wish, including bringing people back from the dead! Thanks to my newly acquired Dragon Ball finding powers, I’d soon be living on easy street!
Thanks again to Lynn for nominating me, I had a blast answering your questions and coming up with some of my own. Speaking of which, here are my nominations.
Wooderon from A Richard Wood Text Adventure
Krystallina from Daiyamanga
The Otaku Judge from The Otaku Judge
Moyatori from The Moyatorium
7mononoke from Anime Rants
A Nerdy Perspective from A Nerdy Perspective
Rose from Wretched and Divine
And Here’s your Questions:
1. What anime would you recommend as a way to introduce someone to anime who hasn’t watched any before?
2. What was the first anime that you can recall watching and what did you think of it at the time?
3. What anime are you currently watching?
4. Is there an anime that you’ve changed your mind about upon rewatching it (either you liked it more or less than the first time you watched it or saw it in a new light)?
5. Do you listen to any anime or manga podcasts? If so which ones?
6. Do you play videogames? If so which ones are your favourites?
7. Is there an older anime that you’d like to see receive a remake?
Thanks for reading!