It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these tag posts, so a hearty thank you to y0uc4n7kn0w for tagging me!
The pressures we experience as bloggers is an interesting topic and I’m looking forward to seeing the kinds of responses that people will give as this tag makes it’s way through the blogosphere.
So, let’s talk about some #peerpressure!
Update: Looks like I originally credited the wrong person as creating this tag. I’ve since corrected it and linked to the correct (I hope) original creator. Sorry about that, Bluemallowmelt, I didn’t mean to take the credit away from you!
- Link back to the creator, which is Bluemallowmelt
- Provide a link to the person who tagged you.
- Answer all questions honestly
- Come up with 5 questions of your own. (4 have to be about peer pressure; 1 can be random and about whatever)
- Tag at least 10 people and provide links to their blogs. Please no “you!”
- Recommend at least 5 books or songs you see everywhere/are very popular that you’ve read or listened to.
- Use the hashtag #peer pressure tag for easier visibility
- Are there any topics you refuse to write about due to peer pressure/because you think you’ll get mass hate on the blog?
Nothing springs to mind.
2. Have you ever written something because of peer pressure even if you didn’t want to? Why did you make that choice?
Hmmm. I guess I’ve participated in a couple of tag posts in the past that I wasn’t super excited about because I wanted to be sociable and friendly with other bloggers. That was mostly when I was first starting out though. Nowadays, I usually pass on participating in a tag if I’m just not feeling it.
I hope my saying that doesn’t discourage anyone from tagging me in future tag posts. I do genuinely enjoy most of them, I just sometimes can’t think of anything interesting to say or don’t have the time to devote to them.
3. Do you ever feel yourself getting TOO passionate or triggered while writing or reading blogs?
I guess I can go off on tangents sometimes. I’ve deleted whole sections of reviews during the editing process because my thoughts didn’t really go anywhere or the paragraph didn’t fit with the rest of what I was trying to say.
4. What do you do when you have writer’s block because you’ve read someone else’s blog with the same or opposite views?
I don’t encounter this problem because I actually avoid reading other people’s posts on manga or comics that I’m planning to review. This is to ensure that I’m not inadvertently influenced by what other people are saying.
I do read other peoples reviews after I’ve posted mine and I sometimes wind up kicking myself because the other blogger will touch on something I forgot to mention or point something out that I wish I’d thought of.
5. Genre switch: If you had to throw a random anime character into a psychological thriller who would it be and why?
Goku from Dragon Ball and the reason is because he’d either be too dense to realize that something sneaky and nefarious was going on or else he’d try to solve the problem with punching. Either way, I think it would be hilarious!
My Questions to you
- What aspect of blogging do you feel the most pressure about?
- Has the amount of pressure you feel related to your blog changed since you first started out?
- Have you ever wrote about something on your blog simply because everyone else seemed to be doing it? If so, what was the topic.
- Have you ever regretted a post because of the negative response it received, either from other bloggers or from regular readers?
- Who, in your opinion, is the best Star Trek captain and why? (If you haven’t watched any Star Trek, feel free to make up a joke answer).
FYI, I’m counting manga as books because I just gotta stay on brand 😉
- SPY X FAMILY It’s funny, action-packed and super cute! Seriously, this series has it all.
- Yona of the Dawn An exciting, shojo fantasy manga that features great characters and world building. It’s one of my absolute favourite manga series.
- Therapy Game A sexy boys love manga that would make a great Valentine’s Day read.
- Fruits Basket Sometimes the classics are classics for a reason!
- The Promised Neverland Everyone seems to be talking about what has been left out of the new season of the anime. Why not read the manga and experience what was cut for yourself?!
Well, that’s all for now. Stay safe out there everyone!
If you enjoy reading my reviews, please consider supporting me through Kofi.