Keiko was kind enough to nominate me for the Mystery Blogger Award last week. Thanks again for the tag Keiko, now let’s see if I can clear up some of the mystery surrounding me by answering your questions!
- Put the award logo image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10-20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominee any 5 question of your choice, with one weird or funny question.
- Share 2 link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Me:
- I am a middle child and have two brothers whom I’m very close to.
- I love cats, but can’t have one due to the fact that the condo building I live in has a “No Pets” policy. So I live vicariously through my older brother, who has two adoable kitties.
- Being a writer has been my dream since I was a child.
1. Who is your favourite anime villain?
My favourite villain is one who might not technically meet the criteria of a villain… most of the time. Xellos, from Slayers Next and Slayers Tri, is allied with the good guys in most situations but, as a member of the Monster Race who feed off of negative emptions, he actively causes problems for the heroes on more then one occasion just so he can enjoy the resulting chaos. Regardless of his questionable morals, he’s always hilarious and I love him.
2. What type of posts do you enjoy reading the most?
I love reading reviews of anime or manga that I’ve never heard of before because I get to find out about series that may wind up becoming new favourites. I also enjoy reading essay style posts that delve deeply into specific topics.
3. If you could get a witch/wizard to brew you one potion, what would it be?
A panacea, or cure-all, that would heal any disease or ailment.
4. You are trapped in an elevator with three of the most annoying characters. Who are you trapped with?
The character type that never fails to annoy me is the Pervert/Serial Sexual Harasser whose actions are played off as being humorous and/or as no big deal. The inclusion of this archetype adds a blemish to overwise enjoyable series and ruins characters that might have actually been interesting or likeable is they weren’t so gross. Three examples of that have particularly got on my nerves over the years are: Master Roshi from Dragon Ball, Miroku from Inuyasha, and Elvira from Izetta: The Last Witch, who has the added wrinkle of being an example of the harmful Predatory Lesbian stereotype.
5. What is the worst song you’ve heard recently?
Hmm… I can’t really think of one at the moment.
My Best Posts (from this month):
- What’re your favourite kind of things to write (either for your blog or in general)?
- What anime or manga do you love that you feel is underated?
- What’s your favourite webcomic?
- Do you watch any western animated television series? If so, name your favourites.
- Which starter pokemon would you choose: Charmander, Bulbasaur or Squirtle?
Thanks for reading! You may have noticed that I skipped in step where you’re supposed to mention or link to the creator of this tag. That’s because I don’t know who it was who originally created it. If you do happen to know, please inform me in the comments.